Designing a swimming pool is never easy. Each backyard presents different and unique challenges that may require unique solutions. As such, it is essential that you reduce the amount of stress you have on yourself during the entire process. While glass pool fencing might seem fairly straight forward, there are a number of factors that might greatly affect change the difficulty.
At Trade Glass Depot, we recognise that installing a glass fence for your swimming pool can be stressful, especially if you don’t remember all the steps. From outlining the fence, placing your order, to actually installing the fence, steps could be missed leading potential errors a fence which may not follow Australian Pool Fence Regulations. So, to help you with the process, we have created this simple and easy to follow checklist which goes through every single key stage as you install the glass fence.
Take a look below and make sure that your installation goes as smoothly as possible. Don’t forget to also bookmark or print out this page so you can quickly access it!
Planning and Set Out
- Is your deck or concrete damage and rot-free?
- Design your fence including gate/s with our friendly sales staff
- Check the design meets your local regulations
- Do a pre-order trial layout
- Will you require factory applied EnduroShield?
- Place your order!
- Get your delivery date
- Have a buddy ready to assist in unloading and handling of the glass panels
- Clear delivery access and a good-sized working area
- Prepare your tools, glass separators, protection, and safety gear
- Mark your glass run centre lines
- Mark where your gate, panels, gaps, and spigots will fall
- Install your hinge panel (core drill or screw fix)
- De-tension the hinge and install your gate
- Fit gate hardware and re-tension hinges
- Install the remainder of your fence panels
- Install each panel with at least two timber props, checking for alignment
- Make any final adjustments, shimming if necessary & fully tighten
- Plan your regular cleaning of the glass
- Plan your hardware maintenance
- Along with our quality assurance document, contact your local pool inspector to have your pool certified
Plan your glass pool fence with the experts!
With this checklist, you should be able to confidently plan out your glass pool fence with relative ease! In order to make sure that your installation goes smoothly, it’s essential to work with the experts, this is where we come in. Trade Glass Depot specialises in all forms of glass pool fencing and balustrade installation. Request a FREE quote from us today!